Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Sister, Alex

I had a pretty scary dream last night where my parents told me that my sister, Alex, died. It was a really sad moment and I remember looking at my other sister, Lauren, and seeing the tears in her eyes as we realized what it meant for our sister to be dead. When I woke up, it took me a little while to realize that she was really still alive. She even texted me today about a funny moment in The Office that we both enjoy and it was really nice to talk to her. It made me realize how special she is to me and how much I love her. I am really grateful for each member of my family, they are all unique and wonderful in their own way.

What I love about Alex is her endlessly happy spirit. She is always able to cheer me up with a joke or a funny story. She is extremely creative and has really excelled in her field of baking. I'm very proud of what she is accomplishing in her schooling in the culinary arts including the internship she currently has. Tonight when I was talking to my dad she was making a cake for her friends wedding. That impresses me so much, and I'm always blown away with what she creates. We share many things that we are able to talk and joke about. And, what I love most of all is her sweetness. She really cares about people and shows it to them regularly, including both family and friends. I can't express how grateful I am to have not one, but two incredible, caring, determined, beautiful sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment