Monday, August 2, 2010

The Twilight Zone


Every Sunday night/Monday morning at 3AM, the sci-fi channel here in Utah shows two episodes of The Twilight Zone. I can't help but stay up and watch because I find the show completely fascinating, even though I've probably already seen most of them. I believe The Twilight Zone was the first truly great sci-fi show on television. Each episode is its own story which often has a twist ending that is entertaining and satisfying.

One of the episodes last night was one that I don't think I've seen before, but my dad has told me the story. (SPOILER ALERT!) It is a great cautionary tale against drunk driving. A couple, driving home from a party and having had a few drinks at said party, find themselves in an odd bedroom that is unfamiliar to them. As they try to figure out what happened the night before, they find that everything in the town they are in is fake and there are no people. All the wife remembers about the night before is that a large shadow came over them as they were driving and then she blacked out. It turns out that a girl from another planet came and took them and placed them in her play town as pets. It is a great little twist and I loved watching it as I do every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment